Over the weekend I had the pleasure of hosting a baby shower for my cousin Patti. My first shower to be the lead host, guess you would say, I was nervous her shower would not be of the same quality as the rest of the showers. Besides I had big shoes to fill as my mother is typically the host for family and friend showers, they are the ones your remember and still talk about later. So, after I had already put my foot in my mouth and said "Oh! I can do a shower not a problem..." I started second guessing myself.
However, after many long nights of blog, pinterest, facebook, and google searches I found myself excited about this new found love in my life, PARTY DECOR!!! As party blogs filled my down time during the day, to be honest I should have been asleep, I found myself amazed in how unbelievable a few of those dessert table looked. Really, it is nuts. Everything labeled. Everything in the prefect place, with the prefect amount. I just had to come up with something that would make Patti proud. I just knew that they would love a farm theme...
So, with an Oink and a Moo and a Cock-A-Doddle DO....
Hard to see, up close below
Up close on the carrot cake and farm egg balls..
and Banner

Thanks table...
Laughter is all that comes to me when I think about preparing for a shower. I have made cake balls more than a dozen times. Yet, the night before the shower I started dipping the "farm egg" cake balls. The hope of smooth white eggs fell apart when I brunt the chocolate (which I have never done) At midnight it doesn't seem to matter as much. Laura came up with "Farm Eggs!!" So off I took the cake eggs with no chocolate coating. To my suprize those "farm eggs" are the ones that I was asked about the most!! Funny how its the things you are not happy with that people love the most. :) Oh, and I can't forgot about my love taking care of little man while I ran around that morning and also for loading the truck. He rocked...
The cousins!! Wearing our hostest GIFT
A few pictures of Patti opening gifts.
No comments:
Post a Comment