Monday, May 14, 2012

A first of many...

Sunday was my First official Mother's Day, (last year I wasn't even showing a bump but we had lunch to celebrate.) A day filled with joy and love, just for doing the same thing my mother and grandmother did all those years before.


I enjoyed every minute of my day: sleeping in late, not being rushed to get to church on time, the sweet pen and bookmark I received at church, amazing lunch with my mother's family (which is quite large), wonderful afternoon nap, great bubblebath before bed, but the thing that made me literally jump that still makes me smile my new COFFEE maker!! Oh how I could just look at it for hours, well for the minute it takes to make a hot cup!
Over my delicious cup of Joe I sat and remembered all the amazing memories I have from my mother, aunts, grandmothers, great aunts and great grandmothers. My life has been blessed with these amazing women that have allowed God to show me the path in life. Now, I have not always followed a path that they would have picked but I have followed my path. Which is the best path because it has lead me to Motherhood, that's something I wouldn't trade for the moon and stars.


Mother's day could not have been at a better time. Daily I find changes in Kamden. He has gone from a long and skinny newborn to a big bundle of baby joy. I love the changes in him. He is becoming his own little person, complete with personality!! The best part about him growing up is seeing the love he has learned how to give, it makes the mommy job the best one in the world. My salary is now in kisses and baby food on my shirt, which is more than I could have ever wanted in a career.
My cup runneth over with the love in our home! The boys made my Mother's day the best day of the year. A girl couldn't ask for a better life!



No comments:

Post a Comment