Saturday, April 14, 2012

Building Boys not Mending men

Today, I am linking up with Kelly's Korner for a fun SUYL with Moms of boys!! I am so excited that I can link up with one for her topics... She has a great blog that I read everyday. It is so fun to see so many of bloggers linking up.



I love being a mommy to a little boy... At first I wasn't sure if I would be okay with a little boy. I grew up with dolls (I have all the original American Girl Dolls), dresses, and girly stuff. Sure I played softball but cheer leading was my favorite. When it came to boy stuff I wasn't all that good. Now, I know that I am just starting out and really at this age (5 1/2 months) I don't think that boys are much different than girls. However, I already love being a mother to a boy. I love going outside to play, I'm coming up with reason to go outside all the time because I can see how much he loves it!!  The cute boy stuff is already melting my heart. Everyday I try to pin new ideas to my boards with fun boy activities we can do together. 


It's just the older boy stuff that I am not sure about anymore. His father loved to race and build race cars when he was younger. Already I am so nervous thinking about him racing. I can't stand it. LOL... I pray everyday that Kamden will be into something other than racing. (Of course if he wants to I will let him... maybe) More importantly I pray that I will be able to teach him about the things he needs to learn, I pray that I will be able to show him how to live a good life, how to treat a LADY(something I feel most men lack these days!!), but mainly I pray that I can be the mother he needs to show him the light. For now I am going to let him be LITTLE because I know that this time where he needs me so much will pass.


It's Better to Build Boys than Mend Men by Truett Cathy... The perfect book for this topic!! By far the best book I have ever read when talking about family values. A friend of my mothers gave it to me a few months ago. I have read it twice so far. Truett Cathy is the founder of Chick-fil-a... who doesn't love that place!! He is an amazing follower of Christ. Truett shares lesson that he learned as a father, grandfather, foster parent, and many other roles showing you the importance of building children for the better. Really this book can be used in so many ways, not just the parents to boy. I hope that you take the time to read this amazing book and find a place to use his experience to help make a child's life better...



Just wanted to end with my fun pictures of my little man...


only as long as daddy's arm...




Cuddle Bug...
  
Great Great Grandpa time...


          Merry Christmas







Hello Blue Eyes




What great helpers boys can be...

Good Morning...





Cortney



2 comments:

  1. hi! here from kelly's korner...and a fellow texas gal! your little one is so precious! i miss having a baby in the house - not the every 3 hours at night feeding part - but the snuggly, baby smell, kiss the back of their neck part :) i have 3 boys and love being a boy momma! i'd love a daughter, but doesn't look like that's happening... and i saw you're a rangers fan?!?! whoo-hoo!!! me toooo!!! love my rangers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is pretty presious... I am not missing the 3 hour feedings either. Thankgoodness he is sleeping all night!!!

    ReplyDelete