However, yesterday we ended the day with 650+ buildings and homes damaged totaling close to 300 million dollars in damages. Only by the grace of God, lives were saved and injuries are mainly minor. Today I am thankful for the weather warning system we now have in place. Years ago these storms would have taken so much more.
After staying in the closet for more than 30 minutes my 5 month old and our Yorkie had enough. The storm that passed over us had already produced several tornadoes. I can not explain the fear that I was feeling being home by myself with my baby. Before becoming a mother I would have stay outside to watch the storm for as long as I could (not the smartest I know) but having my little guy all I wanted to do was stay in the safest place I could and pray that we would be safe. Thankfully the tornadoes lifted while passing over our home but shortly after dropped back down just north of us. God was watching over my family.


Once we could come out we started watching the news. The storms had traveled east to where all of my family lives. They had 2 or more tornadoes touch down. When I couldn't get a hold of anyone I started to panic. Cell and land phone service had been taken out by the storms. Hearing the weather man say another tornado had touched down in Royse City was so hard but it wasn't until they said that homes and business had been flatten by the storms that took my breath away. I still can't believe that no one was killed during any of these storms. Thankfully my family was safe and their homes didn't receive to much damage. Once again my prayers had been answered. Homes can be rebuilt. Items can be found or bought again. But a loved one can never be recreated.

I have posted several pictures and links to YouTube videos. These are just from the storms that passed over the Royse City area. Tornadoes damaged homes in Arlington, Lancaster, Kennedale, Forney, Royse City, and several other areas in DFW. I am still speechless from these storms. Please continued to pray for our community and for the families that have lost so much...

This is the same storm that hit Royse City... It first started putting down tornadoes in Landcaster, TX.



No comments:
Post a Comment